donald asked in TravelAir Travel · 7 months ago

On a small jet plane the seating is labeled ABC for left row all the way to the back and DEF for the Right row of seats all the way back?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If there are 6 seats across, you're not on a small jet. That is average. The small ones have a single seat on the left and two on the right.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

On small Airbus A320, B737, and other single aisle jet aircraft are generally laid out in 3x3 or some 3x2, rows are number front to rear, with some front rows being business or first class, these maybe 2x2 configuration, lettering of seats follows ABC DEF, on business and first this could be AB CD or AC DF

• 7 months ago

And...................your question is what? Small planes do NOT have for more than three seats across.

• 7 months ago

Well, it would be pretty dumb to switch up the order every other row

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes, that is the general convention for narrow body commercial aircraft.

Usually if it is 2x3 or 2x2, they will skip the letters for the middle seats (ie AC DF or ABC DF).

Widebodies go farther down the alphabet, usually skipping I (because it can be confused with a 1).

• ...Show all comments
    • Daniel
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

True for some airlines. Others (like American) go with AB DF. I was thinking more of narrow body first class. I was also thinking of MD-80s, but apparently American goes AB DEF on theirs and Delta is ABC DE/AB CDE.

• 7 months ago

Large jets too have a similar system.

Seats as you look to the back From left to right A,B,C,......... as required.

The rows start at one and increase to the back.

Private jets do not normally label the seats.

• 7 months ago

Yes it is...….I guess

• 7 months ago

IF there are three seats on either side of the aisle. Sometimes the seat labels leave out a letter if there are only two seats on that side.

• dogtags40
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Yes, and the missing letter is always the center seat, so that on a narrow-body plane A and F are always window seats, and C and D are always aisles.

• 7 months ago

That of course depends on the plane.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

it probably depends on the plane, theyre all different

• dogtags40
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

No, there are certain conventions for all planes, to avoid confusion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.