Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 6 months ago

Is it normal to be waiting for photos 5 months after photo shoot?

I treated myself to a photoshoot for my birthday...the photographer has sent me 1 finished photo, but I'm still waiting on the other 35. Should I nicely ask her what's going on?

Favorite Answer

Five months is way too long. Send an email or phone them and ask what's taking so long.

• keerok

What did you agree upon? It's normal to take a ton of shots during a photoshoot but you just get the number of photos you paid for. You don't get all of them. Yes, you can nicely ask the photographer about it.

Of course that is far too long. All I can say is I hope your "photographer" was not some stooge who is nothing but a camera owner whose only "website" is Facebook. It is highly unlikely any REAL photography business would do this kind of thing. It sounds like you are dealing with the modern era "overnight photographers" who buy a camera and think that automatically is a business in a box. Good luck, I think you are going to need it. Let me guess, there was no contract made or signed? If there is no contract, that is a raging example of a clueless amateur who has no business taking your money. Take 'em to court if you have to.

Yes, that's much too long to be waiting.

• John P

Indeed far too long. Was no indication given when you booked the shoot about probable delivery dates? Ask nicely, but firmly!

No , not even 5 months .

Less than two weeks ...

I'd have been calling months ago asking where my pictures are.

5 days is about the right length of time. 5 months is much too long.

• James

5 months is way too long, yes, you can ask what's going on