Why is football a good sport?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I'm not convinced that it is any good at all.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

It's based on opinion

• 7 months ago

The fact that it's somewhat brutal, but not overly so. The modern equivalent of gladiator games in ancient Rome.

People want to see this, despite the fact that it may cause brain injuries. American football is not going away. If they ever mandate touch football, or some other wimpy version, it will prove my point.😥😥😥

Source(s): According to CBS, 60 minutes, the NFL is a 65 billion dollar a year industry.
  • 7 months ago

Playing Football increase stamina and keeps people fit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

American football is the greatest game ever ! I played when I was a kid, I watch it every fall and winter. It is freaking awesome....

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

For me, playing football helps make me a much fearless, stronger, tougher, and even smarter person.

• 7 months ago

I recall a comedian (possibly George Carlin?) said football appeals to Americans' love of brutality punctuated with administrative meetings...

• marty
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It isn't. The fact is that a business that raked in $14 billion in revenue in 2016 is heavily subsidized by local, state, and federal money based on dubious claims about stimulating the economy.One report on Watchdog.org said that over the past two decades, the NFL has raked in about $7 billion of taxpayer money to spend on stadium renovation and building.Another study from the Brookings Institution showed that federal taxpayers have subsidized the construction of 36 stadiums at a cost of over $3.2 billion since 2000.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Because it's the most popular high risk sport for no guaranteed player salary money.

• 7 months agoReport

You have guaranteed money for contracts if the player wants it.

• 7 months ago

Because it sucks

• August
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

everything sucks with you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.