Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 year ago

Will the United States ARMY give me eyeglasses, or should I get them on my own before I go into the United StateS ARMY?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark B
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

You will need to get them on your own FIRST. In order to get through MEPS, you must meet the sight (or correctable) requirements. They will NOT give you glasses in order to pass the test, i.e. they don't "fix" you to pass. You must be able to pass on your own or with a waiver. They won't give you a sight waiver unless you prove your corrected vision meets the requirements.

Once you are in the military, they will ISSUE you eyeglasses to wear at basic along with inserts for your protective mask and any inserts for issued ballistic eye protection.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

They will issue you one pair a year, plus sunglasses. They are rather old fashioned and sometimes referred to as BUDDY HOLLY GLASSES.

• 1 year ago

They will give you what we referred to as "birth control glasses". They were called this because you will look so bad in them that no one would ever sleep with you. Most likely you will have to wear them through boot camp, but after that you can change it up.

• Cee
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Enjoy looking like a nerd in camo' !!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you will be issued two pairs of safety lens glasses at basic. after that, you can select from a variety of UCMJ approved frames at no cost. I wanna say you get one pair every 2 years....

• Mark B
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Those issued glasses won't help you to pass the MEPS evaluation that occurs BEFORE you swear in.

• 1 year ago

If you need glasses, you are welcome to bring your own of the US army will provide very basic bak plastic frames

• NWIP
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You will be issued standard ugly glasses in BCT. After that you can get your own.

• Mark B
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Yes, but those glasses in Basic won't help you pass the MEPS evaluation.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If you NEED to wear glasses, the Army will issue them to you.

• Mark B
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

They will NOT issue glasses to get through MEPS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.