Where can I sell Gone with the wind plates? They are in perfect condition with box and certificate of authenticity.?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

facebook marketplace.

• 4 months ago

some have never been opened..All numbered perfect condition

• 4 months ago

You can sell them on Etsy under vintage items.

• 4 months ago

Skejbebenansoejebjekebrn

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

You bought Gone with the Wind plates, hoping to make a killing one day ?? lol...…:-)

• C
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

I'm still trying to get rid of the Bradford exchange cr-p Late husband purchased because, "they'll be a collector's item someday."

• 4 months ago

If they are the Knowles plates and you have the complete set, you might get a better price, per plate, selling the set. The buyer doesn't have to pay separate shipping charges on individual plates, something that keeps bids down. eBay is the best place, but there are no guarantees, it's all timing. One time someone might pay $100 for the set and a few weeks later, someone else might pay $30.

My parents were big into Bradford Exchange when these came out and at the time, the GWTW plates were quite popular. When eBay first started to get big, maybe around 1997, they were selling for some good money. Values have crashed since then.

• drip
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/gone-with-the-wind-plates

Doesn’t look like the get much for them

• PhotonX
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

It's better to check 'Sold' listings https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Gone+with+The+Wind+Plates&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=89509&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=15&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

• 4 months ago

A decade ago, when my MIL's plate collection became ours, I learned all about collectors' plates. The resale prospects are quite poor; most are worth $2 to $5 if you can even find a buyer.

However, GWTW plates were still collectible at that time. The one with Scarlet and her Suitors was worth more than it cost--I believe we made $15 on it, woo-hoo. You have two options: Ebay and The Bradford Exchange. You'll need a certificate of authenticity for some buyers.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Ebay might be a good choice is they have some value. Collectors can bid up on them and you might get some cash. This way you are not limited to one offer from an consignment shop.

• 4 months ago

Try an auction house or an antiques dealer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.