Is it bad to ask my girlfriend for money?

I’ve been with my girlfriend for 3 years now, ive been building my car for at least 2 years.. a friend of mine was over the other day and we were talking about my plans for the car, when he asked me how I was going to pay for it I said that I thought of asking my girlfriend for help again.. (she’s paid for a few of... show more I’ve been with my girlfriend for 3 years now, ive been building my car for at least 2 years.. a friend of mine was over the other day and we were talking about my plans for the car, when he asked me how I was going to pay for it I said that I thought of asking my girlfriend for help again.. (she’s paid for a few of my parts before) he said that he was disgusted that I would ask her for more money because I’ve never bought anything for her over the course of this relationship.. he also said a woman should never have to pay for anything.. honestly I just don’t make enough to buy her anything but she really seems to love helping me achieve my goals with this car.. I’m overseas working on my apprenticeship so it isn’t like I can take her out on dates anyway, she’s never seemed to have a problem helping me pay for things.. Is it bad to ask her for money to do my hobby? I do feel guilty about not being able to afford things for her, I never thought to buy her things before but she has sent me several gifts and after realizing I feel guilty that I’ve never bought her anything..
2 answers 2