Is my laptop Dead? Extremely weird laptop issue?

So I was playing some casual CS:GO and my friend texted me. When I texted him back I dropped my phone on the side of my laptop. A minute later it froze completely and crashed with the blue screen. When I restarted it its stuck on "Automatic Repair" for 10 minutes. Then my laptop is taken to some options. This is where it gets even more strange. When I do system restore my laptop tells me that its working fine but it ISN'T The computer thinks everything is fine but no its not. I tried everything and im worried that I permently bricked my computer. Anything I can do?

Error Code: 0x0000185 (I believe)

• David
    Favorite Answer

Bill is probably right, when you dropped your phone onto the laptop it caused a hard drive crash. This may or may not be recoverable

If you can log into your computer then run chkdsk /f/r to fix any corrupt sectors and then run sfc /scannow now to replace any damaged windows files

If you can't log in then you will need to take it to a tech for the system to be checked and the hard drive replaced if needed

So what if it thinks everything is Jake? Go ahead with the recovery.

You need 5 Zeros in an error code.

• keerok

Try replacing the memory stick.

• Bill

Could be that you dropped the phone on top of the hard drive, causing the head to crash.