Argelia asked in TravelFranceParis · 5 months ago

is 2,300 dollars for a week and a half in paris ok for a couple?

planning a trip to paris for a week and maybe like 3 days is this amount enough for a married couple? or is it too little this is just the spending money , we got the flight and hotel covered already. thank you for the advice.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Should be okay as long as you aren't going out for big expensive dinners every day.

• 5 months ago

If it's just spending money - yes, more than enough for most people

• Juan
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

That's about 2000 euros for ten days, 200 euros per day. That should be fine for the meals and main attractions.

Keep in mind that a meal at most restaurants will be 20-30 euros per person, and if you plan to go to the Louvre and D'Orsay museums, the top of the tower or visit the Versailles Palace you should buy your priority access tickets now, otherwise you will spend about two hours on the sun and your time in Paris is too valuable to waste it waiting in lines.

• 5 months ago

WAAAAAY more than enough. That's 1150 per person, or $115 a day. You CAN spend that much, of course, if you go to high end restaurants, but you certainly don't have to. There are plenty of places where you can eat dinner for $`20-25 each. And stands outside restaurants where you can buy sandwiches for lunch for about $5-7. HAve you looked at what your hotel provides? Often the rooms include a croissant and coffee or hot chocolate for breakfast- Parisians don't eat a full breakfast. You can visit markets and snack, or by prepared things in the little grocery stores that are everywhere and eat in a park.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

If you're not particularly into eating restaurant meals you'll be okay. You can go to the supermarche or a deli and buy bread, cheese and meat for lunch.

Go to the small museums which are sometimes free. If you're young students ir senior citizens, see if there are discounts on anything. Ask your hotel concierge or air bnb host for recommendations.

We bought croissants and coffee for breakfast. Take advantage of any freebies. The hotel offered fruit and yogurt in the morning. I suggest budgeting for the first week, and spending a little more your last 3 days. It feels more luxurious than the reverse.

If you go to a bar, definitely do it during happy hours. Paris has beautiful parks on the left bank. Be sure to spend time in them

• 5 months ago

I think so, yet it depends on if you count the hotel or not (if so: if luxury or not too).

Without the hotel, I think $ 2,300 is enough for a week a half and for two persons.

You're welcome to France!

• 5 months ago

Okay you got the flight and hotel covered so you have $230 for food and shopping Taxis .and Museum/Landmark fees

Its enough I think, but I would learn as much as I again about Paris, what's eat and see and what is the cost and avoid the minibar, that stuff adds up fast!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.