Sammy
Lv 5
Sammy asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 year ago

What's it called when your bone snaps cleanly into 2 separate pieces?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Any time a bone breaks, it's a fracture.

A bone that breaks completely into two or more pieces is called a compound fracture. They usually require surgery and pins to rejoin the ends of the bone.

A bone that breaks only on the surface of the bone (the ends of the bone aren't displaced) is often called a simple fracture. The break usually heals itself without any surgical intervention - often with only a cast or some sort of immobilizing appliance for a few weeks.

Someone who breaks a bone in his foot very often has only a "simple" fracture. He only needs to wear a "boot" on his foot during his waking hours, in order to keep his full weight off the break while it's healing.

• 1 year ago

If it’s a single break, it’s simply a fracture, from there it can be spiral, open, closed etc. if there are 2 breaks so that there are 3 pieces, that is a compound fracture, if not clear, search up some pictures

• 1 year ago

It sounds like a broken bone.

Nonetheless, id go to ER immediately.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

My orthopedist called it a fracture when I snapped my kneecap in half.

• 1 year ago

A painful catastrophe! But this is known as a clean break. If the bone does not penetrate the skin, it is a closed fracture. If it protrudes through the skin it's an open fracture. If it only partially snaps as in young children, it is a greenstick fracture. Hope that helps.

• 1 year ago

Double compound fracture. What does this have to do with Dogs?

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It's called a fracture.

• 1 year ago

A "green" break..... Green stick fracture.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

compound fracture

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.