How do I stop Windows 10 from updating on my computer?

I have a problem with my computer, and boy is it a long story. It all began when I first started getting update notifications for windows 10. Being the person that I am, I didnt want to update my computer and have to shut down and whatnot. So I would always postpone it, until it started updating without giving me... show more I have a problem with my computer, and boy is it a long story.

It all began when I first started getting update notifications for windows 10. Being the person that I am, I didnt want to update my computer and have to shut down and whatnot. So I would always postpone it, until it started updating without giving me a choice if i wanted to or not. I didnt like this, so I went and asked windows help if they could stop it from updating. I gave this nice lady access to my computer, and she went inside and shut down automatic restarts. You'd think my problem would end here, right?
Wrong. A few months go by, and I'm working as usual on my computer. I go to turn on my computer, which I had put to sleep the other day. To my dismay, I notice it had shut down. This happens occasionally, so I was semi-okay with it. Then, it sends me a pop-up saying that Windows 10 wants to update again. What?? I thought I had solved this. Setting it to update at another time, I do my work then put the computer to sleep as usual. The next day (today) I open my computer to see not only has it shut down once again, it has also updated without me knowing. After such a long time wrestling with this computer, I can't say I'm not frustrated. How can I get this computer to stop updating? Is the laptop shutting off without me knowing part of a virus? I know there's no issue with storage on my laptop, so whats the problem here? Theres been past issues with my screen freezing after being woken up, if it helps.