How does getting a tattoo feel like?

I want to get a small one just below my wrist and I wanna know how much pain to expect

• Kerri
    Favorite Answer

I’ve got several and none was really painful. Kinda uncomfortable. And any tattoo on an area where skin is thin, there’s no fat under it and you want it on top of a bony area like ankles, ribs etc. Unless you have a very low pain tolerance, s small tattoo on your wrist is not painful and take only a few minutes to finish. There are lidocaine creams sold over the counter that you can rub on the area where you want tattoo about 30 minutes before tattoos artist starts. Numbs it pretty good though not completely.

It really depends out of all honesty. My first tattoo was on my inner forearm and it was quite big for my first tattoo. On a scale of 1-10 it was a 3 , it didn’t hurt at all. I’ve also had 4 tattoos done on my inner bicep and those hurt like hell , I’d rate those like an 8 out of 10 but that’s one of the touchier more sensitive spots including your elbows , ribs , and behind the knees. I just got a huge piece done from my wrist to my elbow and the most painful spots were those 2 areas. If you’re doing a small tattoo you’ll be fine , mine required a lot of shading and lining so it hurt but if you do something small it won’t be that bad! The pain will totally be worth it! I have some close to my wrist where I only did lining and those weren’t bad at all , good luck!

A tattoo on your wrist will hurt a little, but you will be fine.

They hurt like hell, I am told. Only get one in a place that you can cover up if necessary for employment reasons. I know a lady manager that has to hide hers daily under a large bandaid.

I would imagine it would hurt..........................

• marty

Alot.... you are going to get hundreds of needle pokes.