14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

He's boring

• Login to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

He's NOT a chip off the old block (Jack).

• Ginger
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Joe Buck calls games like Ben Stein teaches.... BORING!!!!

This video of Joe Buck says it all.

_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoACQyN_mM

Youtube thumbnail

• I don't watch football so I'll keep my criticisms to golf and baseball:

Baseball: He rambles, and the stories he tells are often narrative-driven with multiple factual inaccuracies like talking about how someone's a clutch hitter when their average with runners in scoring position is sub-.200 leading one to think he's not prepared. He's better when he sticks to calling play-by-play.

Golf: After 5 years of doing USGA events (we're stuck with your awful coverage here in Canada) it's obvious that he doesn't have that gear that good lead announcers have; he gets lost in storytelling during key times when he needs to stick to what's actually happening. As many bodies that Fox has (few of them useful) he doesn't know how to use them (granted, Paul Azinger is beyond bad so there's no real help- Azinger can't seem to tell a good shot from a bad shot...which for a guy who has won a major and captained a Ryder Cup team you'd think he could tell the difference). Instead of polishing the USGA's knob he could stick to not overtalking things (Buck too far often falls into the trap of thinking people aren't actually watching when more likely they're watching with the volume off).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

he doesn't really know what he's talking about. he's gotten a little better, and i think his best was the cubs world series. but his past remark is why people don't like him much i think, where he said he'd rather watch the bachelorette then broadcast baseball.

• 7 months ago

Because he sucks at his job. Have you ever heard his commentary? He sounds like John Madden trying to explain what's happening to the visually impaired who are new to baseball.

He's also a casual fan who just díckrides the Yankees.

• 7 months ago

I don't. He's not as good as his dad, but he's good. All the naysayers know squat about being a broadcaster.

• 7 months ago

He's too full of himself. If he Cares about the game at all He doesn't show it.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I don't think he sucks, I just don't like him.

• 7 months ago

I personally think he comes across as wooden and lacks the charm for baseball and the energy for football. But I also think he gets a lot of undeserved hate just because he had the advantage of breaking into the industry with his father's connections.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.