Other exercises while doing ballet?

I do ballet just for fun and I also used to do skiing but my ballet teacher asked me to stop skiing because he said that skiing exercises the wrong muscles for ballet and it's not good when it comes to ballet. I stopped skiing and then started cycling. This time, I was told the same thing from a relative. He... show more I do ballet just for fun and I also used to do skiing but my ballet teacher asked me to stop skiing because he said that skiing exercises the wrong muscles for ballet and it's not good when it comes to ballet.
I stopped skiing and then started cycling. This time, I was told the same thing from a relative. He said that bicycling makes your butt bigger and that isn't wanted in ballet. Is that true? Should I stop biking too? I am not looking to be a professional dancer obviously but I do want to keep my "ballet body" since I still perform in competitions and other performances in my town.
Is bicycle okay for ballet dancers? If not, then what exercise can I do?
Thank you and sorry for any mistakes. I'm not from an english speaking country.