Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 8 months ago

How is it possible for someone to save someone about to drown in the ocean but then they drown instead?

Like the person who was gonna drown survived and the person who drowned was the one who saved the other person? How’s it that he drowned instead of the person who he saved?

Update:

The rabbi that went into the water to save drowning student / camper ( camper is safe / made it safely onto shore) body was found after 5 days. They would not give up and finally, a boat from Maryland went to north carolina and found his body. As Jews, it is very important for us to have a proper burial/Jewish burial, we cant cremate or any of that. So, they sent people from New York, New Jersey, Maryland with jets, boats, helicopters, and more and found his body. Thank you for all the feedback.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In lifeguard class, one is taught must be aware a drowning person will fight you for the surface and ways to handle a drowning person....So saving a person unprepared for what instore can easily get oneself drown and your body will keep the guy that was drowning afloat....

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Engage the top few inches of your head.

Now can you come up with a possible scenario?

• gerald
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

its a well known fact to life savers all over the world their worst fear is the drowning person , they are panicking and will claw all over you as you approach trying to survive that why they carry floats with them to shove in first for them to grasp at , a small woman approaching a well built man without a float could be easily pushed under in the desperate struggle something to remember for all rescuers

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Well, if you told me you were drowning

I would not lend a hand

The hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows

No stranger to you and me

*DO DO DO, DO DO, DO DO, DO DO, DO DO DO*

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.