Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 11 months ago

If a question or answer on religion will bring results that go against our position(s), should we have it removed?

This is what is done on this section of the website.

If something opposes an opinion or viewpoint, it gets taken down.

I am just wondering if we should be doing this as Christians or if we should be humble with open minds ready to realize we could always be wrong and only God is right?

It seems the more evidence a question or answer has to support an opposing viewpoint, the more likely it is to get taken down.

Favorite Answer

You raise an issue that is becoming a real threat to freedom of speech on this R&S site.

The last 16 Qs I answered (yesterday) have had 5 of the Qs removed. Here are the Qs now removed...

Do you agree JW missionary work is focused and united in one organisation... (asked by Tom a JW)

Paul NEVER included the Holy Spirit in his introductions in his letters... (asked by Hoppy, a JW sympathiser)

Holy Spirit referred to as 'gift', can be 'quenched', 'poured out', 'baptized'... (asked by Hoppy, JW sympathiser)

Are religious fundamentalists (trad. Catholics & fundi Prot.) typically ignorant... (asked by Greg)

JsWs How would you explain these contradictory statements from your publications? (asked by Rebmilc)

I actually suspect that the Watchtower Society has a mole on here who is removing a lot of Qs when many of the answers show up errors in Wt.Soc policy and doctrine. The Wt.Soc. has told its members not to participate on sites like this, plus the Soc. is pro-active in clamping down on anyone quoting from their literature, and that includes trying to stifle JWs who quote, thinking they are supporting the Wt.Soc! The Wt.Soc just does not want anybody quoting from their literature!

This means that nobody can be sure that it is those who disagree with JWs who get JW Qs removed. Nor can anyone say it is Christians doing that. Many anonymous users are at work, and they could be atheist or Hindu or anything else. Plus, a variety of topics seem to attract those censors; it's by no means just Qs about JWs.

I keep a log and have done for over 10 years, noticing a huge increase in this removal of Qs these past 2 years or so. I've also asked Qs about why so many of my answers disappear (always along with the Q I answered). Here are two recent examples:

I asked this on 14/5/19 - "Six Qs that I had answered on Saturday 11 May 2019 were later removed yet I've not had any reported. What's going on with that?"

I asked this on 14/6/19 - "Thirty answers I've given have been 'lost' in the last 18 hours according to my total number of answers. What's going on?"

To this day, not one of those removals have produced notification from Yahoo that my answers have been reported as some kind of violation. But my tally of answers is several hundred lower than the tally given by Yahoo on my profile page. And that's just these past 6 months! I do not report (for removal) ANY Qs apart from grossly indecent ones (such as those with pornographic photos attached.) It's time this site allowed freedom of speech, to ask, and to answer freely even if that upsets some individuals. Christians should never try to remove Qs or As that they don't agree with. They should either give an answer that deals with the problem, or think about changing their view. But there's no way anybody can tell whether Christians are doing the removal.

• Annsan_In_Him

Update - I've just checked my total answers. Yesterday it stood at 38,177. Right now it has plummeted to 38,140! Further check - since 24/5/19, when I had 38,002 answers, I answered 429 more Qs which should have given me 38,431 but that's down to 38,140 - a loss of 291 As in less than 7 weeks!

Typical fundie attitude.

Just appeal it guy. There are haters aplenty here. No matter what we state, someone here won't like it.

Questions and answers that are Insulting and offensive should be reported and removed.

• Thumbs down? So its okay for some guy to put a photo of his d1ck on here, I do not think so!!

① Christianity has no valid evidence to support it.

② Evidence is proof of nothing. Only proof can conclude fact.

③ You have no proof that God exists.

④ You can't remove any question or answer. Only one user and the Yahoo!

Answers moderators can do so you can just forget about that.

• Climate Realist

1. Wrong! If you were to seriously look into Christianity, you would know that that statement is wrong.
      2. Which means that God's supposed non-existence is not a fact.
      3. Wrong! If there was no God, there would have been no big bang, no Universe and o us.

I've never once reported anything remotely related to "God doesn't exist."

I HAVE reported "how many times was Jesus butt-raped before the crucifixion?"

• Lv 6

Doesn't matter what you reported, you have no ability to to get anything deleted.

You're reporting of butt rape did nothing. You think you have the ability? Report this.

They aren't real questions, they are trolling attempts.

No.

Only cowards who are afraid of arguments that they can't refute remove anything because they don't agree with it.

• Lv 7

Religion has no arguments that can't be refuted so how can their be any cowardice?