Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 7 months ago

I'm about to graduate as an engineer. But I am interested in fashion, make up, and photography. What should I do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Fashion and makeup are low paying job young people work during their youth. Most have no education. Photography is okay, but very hard to make a living doing it.....if you can find a niche in photography go for it, but most likely its a $10 hr job at most. You might be able to get a job with the government doing photography that would pay enough to make a living. If not, give engineering a chance. They use professional Engineers in all types of industries, try a few and see if you like one...I'd hate to see you throw away that highly sought after career!

• John P
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Engineering is a far more stable job than anything connected with the "arts" and with things which are personal choices by customers, not physical necessities as in making sure that a bridge will not fall.

• Login to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

What exactly are you going to do in "fashion" that makes a living for you?

• Look into industrial design.

• 7 months ago

Pursue those. See if there are any photographers who will give you apprenticeships.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You can make a comfortable living as an engineer and if you enjoy challenging your brain, it's a good outlet. You need to be exceptional to make a decent income at fashion, make-up, & photography. Why not keep those activities on a hobby/side-job level? If you become good at one of them, you can switch your career. A friend did just that, started out as a software programmer, now a professional photographer hired by mainstream companies to do photo shoots for their catalogs, adverts, & web pages.

As an engineer, occasionally I'll do photography at work for production (used in assembly guides, etc.) and product photography of our equipment which is used in brochures, manuals, magazines, and trade shows. It's a nice break from the usual work.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

rnaybe you can do a little of both

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.