Travis asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

Why do so many people have aspirations and think about their goals and aspirations a lot, but are too lazy to put in the work to achieve it?

For example, I have a friend who loves powerlifting and thinks about it constantly, follows the sport religiously, follows all the best athletes on social media and knows everything about them, he's a fanatic. He says he wants to compete in a competition, but he's been lifting weights inconsistently for years, is still out of shape, eats like crap, can barely bench press 185 lbs after 5+ years of lifting weights, never gains any muscle, and is just lazy and inconsistent, despite his ultimate goal in life is to be a powerlifter. It's his obsession, yet he can't even lift weights consistently and misses every other workout and hasn't progressed in years and looks like he's never even been to the gym (he has no visible muscle and is just fat)

Basically - Why do people obsess over a hobby, but never achieve anything in that hobby despite their deep passion for it, when their entire life revolves around it

• Carson
    Favorite Answer

No ambition.

Without ambition dreams are just that, dreams.

I'm not lazy, I can do, I have the motivation and etc only people who purposely get in my way to sabotage me they have an issue for me to achieve or do anything...they sabotage me, not me being lazy. If they weren't sabotaging me, at least one or two goals would already been achieved by now.

Source(s): They have people who have a crab mentality sabotaging and purposely road blocking them....once they stop sabotaging the goals would be accomplished, is what they don't want, so they hinder and sabotage.