Should I go into lpn nursing?

I been working as a cna for almost 2 years now i hate it because of pretty much stress and emergency situations but reason why i havent left is because i need the money and it the longest job i ever kept ..i heard lpn is just one year and you be making decent money which i need something quick so idk so should i go into nursing even though i hate working in this field?

• Carson
    Favorite Answer

Yeah CNA is the epitome of shjt rolls down hill.

Do you like being in health care? If so LPN would be a good next step.

Then you should do on line classes for RN.

RN is the top of the hill. No more bed pans when you're an RN.

Then do on line classes, get master's and be a P.A. or prescribing nurse. My friend did it exactly like that and now has her own pedes practice.

That is the way health care is going. P.A. is doing what doctors were doing.

If you get a job with the VET ADMIN as a PA in a small town you are set for life.

LPN is not worth the money or time. Hospitals are no longer hiring LPNs and many aren't even hiring 2-year RNs. Most hospitals and clinics want someone who has a BSN. Pretty much the only jobs available for the lower degrees are nursing homes.

I think it might be a good option for you. I became an LPN before I went back and finished the classes to sit for the RN boards. The job options may be narrower, but the pay can be pretty decent. I made $28-30 per hour as an lpn.

• :)

I personally don’t think being an LPN is worth it, and I actually disagree that it pays well. Get your ADN or BSN. Your ADN will only take 2 years. Your BSN will only take 16 months if you get your ADN first. If you go straight to your BSN, it’ll take 4 years.

• edward

Lpn is not worth it

• Ann

if you hate it, don't do it,

• ebe b

Why don't you go to community college and study a 2 year vocation? There's physical therapy assistant, radiology tech, etc. These degrees pay very well for their time commitment. You will probably get financial aid, and it's cheaper. It's still in demand careers but you don't have to do nursing if you don't like it.

• Kelley

Get married. Have children. Raise your children.