Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 7 months ago

Why is singing my heart will go on so difficult?

My sister and I have been planning an act for a talent show with a duet version of my heart will go on and we sound like really bad,

I run out of steam at the end of long phrases and sound muffled and the crashendo parts where they are supposed to be belted sound like kind of awful.

Furthermore the harmonies are not nice sounding and sound like conflicting and such?

What is the case here, and is my heart will go on an easy song? What is wrong? How do we sound better?

• Judas

Many pop songs are difficult. Over the years, a lot of people have been pushing the envelope of vocal technique and capabilities. I would scrap this song. It appears that you are not physically ready for this song yet. If you insist on singing this song, then feel free to send me an audio or video link of the song and I would be happy to analyze the harmonies for you.

• Rico

You need to increase your lung capacity to sing it well

• Janet

Because neither of you have singing skills. These CAN be learned, but a good-quality of voice is something you either have or you don't have.

It is also possible that one/both of you has some degree of tone-deafness and will always sing off-key at times. This cannot be fixed.

"My heart will go on" is an extremely difficult song, even for those who HAVE a good voice and HAVE trained their voice.

if you sound really bad, don't enter the talent show.

The titles of songs should be capitalized. Perhaps you should get with someone who knows how to harmonize voices and to place them in the appropriate key. The may be hard for you to sing but not for other singers.

Do you smoke cigarettes at all?

That is not the right choice for a talent show. That song should be dead and buried. No one wants to hear it, especially if sung badly.

That song is probably not easy because Celine Deon is an extremely talented singer. It will be hard to follow her. But if you are doing it you might as well do your best. One tip I have seen online from people who are voice coaches is to learn to manage the amount of air you are moving. You don't always have to move a lot of air to get a big sound. Try to practice a note and holding it as long as you can. While you are doing this try to use the minimal amount of air so that you train yourself to sing without running out of breath. There are youtube videos you can watch for tips on how to do this for free.