Why do people dislike people who receive benifits for disabilities ?

It is extremely hard to talk to anyone without them judging me extremely bad and basically not even talking to me. I went out on disability for bipolar three years ago. I’m honestly sick of it but I know this post alone will bring hate posts.

I'm aware some people don't consider bipolar real, or even a disability. It's insane to me

• Ann

Unfortunately, there are people who lie about the nature of their "disabilities" and are true scammers. People who have "invisible" disabilities (not obvious physical ones) are also suspected of being fake. If you yourself know your disability is genuine, then don't worry about the people who make false assumptions about you. Find people to associate with who are caring and kind. They will accept you for who you are, and they won't label you.

There’s scammers but I also find the people hate the disabled to begin with. People view them as leaches and people who weaken the human race. I find the mindset is that if you cannot work full time you should just be left to die. Yet assisted suicide is only an option for the terminally ill who have under 6 months to live so I don’t get what they expect? I don’t agree with any of this I am just telling you what other people told me. It’s also possible these high and mighty haters will become permanently disabled one day since there’s no guarantees in life. But they never think of that.

• PAMELA

Why worry about such people? ignore them, what you do is none of their business, why tell them you get disability, they should keep thir noses out Can you maybe do some volunteer work? it would give you something to do..

Because of what’s called invisible disabilitres, because they are not understood or seen by the non-handicapped. Bipolar is an example. It is limiting, but not visible to the naked eye. It’s like any prejudice, based onmisunderstanding iand generalization. A person in a wheelchair is socially accepted as due handicap privileges, and a person with, for example epilepsy is not. It’s seen as laziness to get a check for the same reason, I have epilepsy, and the benefits i received were treated as fraudulent by my peers, but after my car ancient, , which put me in a wheelchair, I became perceived as legit.

Only people who aren’t actually disabled

Probably because they know or have heard of so many who are not truly disabled yet are drawing money out of the system that should go to those who really can't support themselves.

I have lot more than that (crippled and others) and including manic depressant and work hard every day... working off the manic helps you stay healthy

if you do not work you will self destruct in self pity

most people have some emotional weak spot and your acting as if your's is some thing worst than the world has

I get more work done in manic modes than non-bi polar or as we called it manic depressant

get over your self get a manual labor JOB AND WORK IT OFF you will feel better

----------------

to answer your question they dislike the idea they work pay taxes and you suck off that tax money from them,

some of them love you and hate seeing you in self pity mode all the time

me I ... I put my dog to sleep when he was suffering as much as most young people on disability (young under 60) and I loved my dog more than any human I loved

We don't. But we certainly dislike people who receive benefits for LYING about their disabilities.

I know what you mean! I don’t understand them, would they rather be disabled than work? I would love to work and be well.

• GEEGEE

the issue is with the people who CLAIM to be disabled and qualify for benefits when in fact they are capable of working.

rnaybe theyre jealous cause you dont have to work and they do, irn on ssi rnyself