In Chicago, will a person receive a ticket for parking their car facing the opposite direction on a two-way residential street?

To clarify: on a two-way residential street in Chicago, cars parked on the "right side" all face "forward" and on the "left side" they all face the other way, or "backward." If someone were the park on the "right side" facing "backward," would that be a parking violation?

I understand that parking a car on a one-way street facing the opposite direction of traffic flow is illegal, but what about on a two-way street?

• Edna

I parked "facing the wrong way" overnight on the two-way residential street in front of my house in Imperial Beach, California. I woke up the next morning to find a ticket on my car for that very thing.

I imagine the same thing would happen to you in Chicago.

• Jay P

It is an infraction, and not just in Chicago. Will this person receive a ticket? That depends on the cops and/or parking enforcement officers...

• zipper

In any city parking facing the wrong way is illegal and ticket worthy!

Not too smart huh?

• Scott

Will they? Who knows. Could they? Absolutely.

• Erik

If you're there when a meter maid comes by, yes.

Parking facing the wrong way is illegal just about everywhere. Passing out tickets depends on what the police feel like doing.

Yes, that is illegal in almost every city. The right side of the vehicle must be parked next to the curb.