dabbit asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 6 months ago

How can I find the amount on my oyster card? I live outside London and am coming on Saturday for a party?

• Zheia

All you need to do is go to an underground station lobby area and you'll be able to check your card balance and top up. You can do this at any station within the Oyster card travel area.

• Rob

Go to the TFL website and register/login and then you should be able to view/top up your balance if needs be

Source(s): www.tfl.gov.uk

Good answers already. Just adding, every time you LEAVE London, check the card against the reader so you know your balance, and make a note of it somewhere handy.

You can find out how much you’ve got when you top up or you can register online and find out from there.

• Clive

If you have it registered on the TfL web site, log in and it will tell you there. Alternatively, when you're in London, touch it on the yellow reader (as you have to do when you top it up) and it'll come up on the screen.

If you have a contactless debit or credit card, you can do without Oyster altogether and just use that. It will be charged the same fares.

The Transport for London web site says: "You can find out how much money you've got on an Oyster card at ticket machines by holding your card against the yellow Oyster card reader. Or you can check your balance any time on-line if you register your Oyster card and have an account. If you haven't already you can do that on the TfL website."

I usually ask at the TfL travel enquiries desk at Liverpool Street station (my nearest London mainline station) where I can also top up my card if needed. Last time, they said the cards had changed and swapped it for a new Oyster card.