dabbit asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 6 months ago

How can I find the amount on my oyster card? I live outside London and am coming on Saturday for a party?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Zheia
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

All you need to do is go to an underground station lobby area and you'll be able to check your card balance and top up. You can do this at any station within the Oyster card travel area.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Rob
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Go to the TFL website and register/login and then you should be able to view/top up your balance if needs be

Source(s): www.tfl.gov.uk
  • 6 months ago

Good answers already. Just adding, every time you LEAVE London, check the card against the reader so you know your balance, and make a note of it somewhere handy.

• 6 months ago

You can find out how much you’ve got when you top up or you can register online and find out from there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you have it registered on the TfL web site, log in and it will tell you there. Alternatively, when you're in London, touch it on the yellow reader (as you have to do when you top it up) and it'll come up on the screen.

If you have a contactless debit or credit card, you can do without Oyster altogether and just use that. It will be charged the same fares.

• 6 months ago

The Transport for London web site says: "You can find out how much money you've got on an Oyster card at ticket machines by holding your card against the yellow Oyster card reader. Or you can check your balance any time on-line if you register your Oyster card and have an account. If you haven't already you can do that on the TfL website."

I usually ask at the TfL travel enquiries desk at Liverpool Street station (my nearest London mainline station) where I can also top up my card if needed. Last time, they said the cards had changed and swapped it for a new Oyster card.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.