Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 5 months ago

Anyone give me advice what printer to buy that's easy to setup and doesn't run out of cartridge after using it a few times please.?

I have discovered that laser printers, even the color ones, are more economical and easier to set up in the long run. I have often not touched my lasers for almost a year before having to replace a cartridge. Also, they don't refuse to print if you run out of one color.

Imho I would buy a hp envy 5546 or some other model that you can get instant ink with as this seems to be the best option these days. You have to pay monthly but depends on how much you use your ink ,there is different payment plans but it will be better imho this way as you don't need to pay through the nose for ink when it is expensive .

• John

You have several options. 1) a laser printer. Cartridges may cost $20 but do over 2000 pages so it works out to less than a penny a page. 2) an inkjet with refillable cartridges so for a few cents worth of ink you can keep printing. 3) an inkjet with cartridges in the $1-$2 range. This article provides details on what to look for and what to avoid.

https://bestinkandtoner.com/Best-printer-deals

• David

Most inkjetprinters when bought off the shelf only come with starter cartridges which are about 1/3 full. You are then required to buy expensive OEM standard or high capacity cartidges which will print more pages or non-OEM compatible cartidges at a more reasonable price.

If you print a lot of pages consider getting a laser printer - either mono or colour. These may cost more initially but the toner tends to last longer

Brother printers (all in ones) have done us pretty good. The ink last awhile and is less expensive than HP ink and even cheaper if you buy the generic ink (which we do). My brother and dad also use Brother printers (all in ones) and like them.

• TomB

The one on Amazon that has the best reviews concerning set up and ink longevity out of the ones that fit your budget.

Just buy cheapest one and buy cartridge when it gets empty . If you can not set it up in most shops you can return it and take another model .

• prapradeliko

Here.I also found this website that helps you print blanks sheets of paper once you buy your printer https://sites.google.com/site/bigdavediode/