Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities Β· 7 months ago

Woman want me to illustrate for her kids πŸ“– book, she like my art, but I gotta keep changing stuff .Why should I do?

I need some art jobs on my art resume, so I can apply for Disney ,Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon after Graduate school.

This should be a business venture and there should be a contract. After all it is a joint venture.

• John P

You should learn the lesson in life, that some people are vey picky, especially in art styles.

• Speed

You need a contract signed by both of you. It needs to specify how many changes you will make before the art is final and you will not change it further without additional payment. She gets to accept or reject changes how many times? What turn-around time is required on each of your parts? When is payment due? Is she obliged to pay you if she doesn't accept the work as it stands when you've done your last change?

Treat it like a business, not a job application or qualifier.

Oh, and in case it's not obvious, payment is *now*, not a percentage of sales or royalties.

Is she paying you? Then she calls the shots.

• so

Don't let her take advantage of you. Charge her for your time.

Spit hot coffee in her face, people tend to stop asking you to stuff when you scald them.