HTC Vive or Oculus Rift S?

hey so im thinking about getting a VR for my PC, either the regular vive, which will cost me about $520 in total or the Oculus Rift S which will be about $428, so about $100 difference, now im willing to get the vive because I hear its got less wires and its got motion sensors and such, but idk if my PC cant handle either one, I have a GeForce GTX 1080 8gb, 16g RAM, and a Ryzen 5 1600 6 core processor, so if anyone knows if my PC can handle it, id highly appreciate the input from anyone who knows if this is enough to run VR and if so, which do you think I should get(still kinda new to PC), anyways all help is appreciated, Please and thankyou!

Favorite Answer

vr sucks. if you can't really afford it get a lenovo or dell. the reason being that you'll play for a few days then throw it aside and want to normal game. tv manufacturers stopped making 3d tvs a few years back for the same reason. it sold a lot of tv's at first. then the people who bought them realized normal movies are usually way better.

i have a 4th gen i5 3.0ghz cpu with a 1080 gpu. vr games i play work fine at max settings despite my processor being old and comparatively limited. you have a good gaming system for supporting vr.

from the reviews i read a couple years back, the Vive is the superior device. The Rift has better games due to better early developer support.

kllkjlkjlklhuyui