When your employer says, "If we fired you you won't get another job,,so you should quit." Do you believe them?

I have a lot of experience on this issue and I am considering writing a book on it.

My main point ib the book will relate to something we all know about

that happened in

politics

in 1974

Also I will mention something Andy Rooney said in a book,

Yeah that is all true, and as far as getting another job if you quit, Andy Rooney said, he does not believe people who tell him that they quit their job.

Also, consider Richard Nixon was NEVER Impeached, he quit, so people still wonder today, what did he do? Employers will not believe you quit unless you are hiding something, so, it is better to get fired.

• chris
    Favorite Answer

There are several reasons why they would do that, and most of them do not have your best interests in mind!

1- They don't want to deal with Unions!

2- They don't have a valid reason to fire you!

3- They can refuse to pay into your unemployment!

4- They don't have to explain their actions to their bosses!

5- Less paperwork!

While it "would" look better on your resume to quit rather than be fired, it is a very common (and deceptive) way to get rid of unwanted employees quietly and cleanly.

• chris

Yes! But he didn't go to jail and still got retirement pay for the rest of his life. Sweet deal if you ask me!

No, but it could make it harder to het another.

Nope, not ever. Consider it a scare tactic. If you voluntarily quit you can't get unemployment. If they fire you then might be to get it. Now you see why they want you to quit? They don't want to deal with unemployment claims.

Only if you've done something illegal.

• No.

That wouldn't be true for me.