Survey: What is the best/most memorable class you have ever taken?

Favorite Answer

The most memorable thing about college - three semesters - was that I met my wife there. The most memorable class was Psychology 301. Behavioral psychology. Covered Pavlovian response and all that good stuff. What was memorable was that you were assigned a laboratory rat to train in various tasks and then your animal was tested by a grad student without you being around. Either I was a genius or my rat was, because I aced that course. Got to take the critter home afterward, too, kept it for about six months and had to get rid of it, found a good home.

I can still see in my head those fifty pound bags of Purina Rat Chow sitting on a pallet outside the lab....

Quantum physics is mine.

Two of my high school years were spent in Germany, and in 9th grade, to satisfy a history curriculum requirement, we had the option of taking German History for a semester instead of American History. Having already read and studied about our nation's history numerous times, I wanted something different to study, so I took German History.

I assumed it would be about Germany's origins and ancient history, but I was wrong; it was about a specific time period during WW2. This wasn't about the events that led to WW2, the war in the Pacific or about the Holocaust. And, it wasn't about what it was to be a Nazi, leadership of the Nazi Party or the Third Reich and the European Jewry. The class was intentionally focused on specific battle strategies, military movements, and a day-by-day account of how Germany was positioning itself for victory. This was a class covering the war from Germany's perspective from day XXX through day XXX, and everything in between.

From the first day of class, I experienced such a unique viewpoint on the war from the German side. It was like our teacher, who was a German national, was part of the day-to-day war planning. He spoke so eloquently, so positively, and with so much feeling, it was like I wanted Germany to succeed in every battle. Every day in class, I couldn't help but be mesmerized by my teacher. Like, Carl Sagan, he had such a unique sounding voice that demanded your attention. He wouldn't hesitate to emphasize the smallest details, and his voice made everything interesting. He spoke about Adolf Hitler's strategic thinking, his thought processes in dealing with other military forces, and how enemies underestimated Germany.

What surprised most about this class was how the teacher, not once, spoke negatively about Hitler. He never spoke about the Final Solution, the treatment of the Jews or ever mentioned that Hitler was wrong. This is how I would imagine Germany WW2 History is taught in a German school. In the end, my quizzes and tests were not about how I personally felt about the war or its outcome, they were about the strategies discussed in class, the thinking and proven rational decisions Adolf Hitler made, and what the results were from each discussed battle. It remains the most fascinating class I've ever attended.

It has to be History because I still love it just as much today.

When I was in college I really - really enjoyed Physical Geography 101. I had a great professor that really loved what he did and it showed, and I also learned a lot from him.

Ill say my drafting class back in highschool, it was like a family and I learned a lot. Lots of funny moments in there. Also made me realize I don't want to be an architect.

i was aquitted of drunk driving in oregon you still gotta take classes to restore your license i was a hardhead i just drove without one..after 18 years my police contacts had convinced me i should take the course at 3500.00 to reinstate my license..i was no longer in oregon but other states saw the suspended license as a deterrent to issuing one i went in front of the judge and pled guilty where he asked if i had made a deal i said no i just dont want to fight it i work...he said ill change the plea to innocent then do you want an attorney i said no ill represent myself so you know how to choose a jury..why would i want a jury i just paid 100.00 non-refundable application from the department of licensing here in washington where im in court your sworn to protect justice a washington state policeman gave me a ticket for driving while suspended i am a resident and my paper says i am not eligible for a hardship license as im not suspended no revoked in this state its a cut and dried case...i pulled the paper out to show him i was not bluffing...i said i want to go take the classes to show oregon i will get my license untainted ..he gave me an extention...the classes were a real hoot i volunteered everyone else was court-ordered..my answers reflected the truth like since you were arrested for drunk driving how much has it cost you inreflection to the money it cost to get you there..18 years without registration, license fees insurance im about 30 grand to the good...they got really tired of my directness...this answer could be a novel...ill stop now cause it goes on& on..i refused ua's which you cant do but i told the counselor im a musician i played the night before and fans bought me alcohol so i couldnt refuse them it would be foul but i didnt want to be dropped from classes because of my showmanship i gave her tickets to our next show she accepted and even showed up where were we set up ? inside the beer garden...the show must go on...

• Kathy

Oral Communications class my senior year in high school.

In high school, a class called "Computer Music". It was an actual studio-type set up and you had to win a lottery to get in because only six students were allowed per semester. It's a lot more difficult to make digital music than it seems.

The year long training course in Computer Aided Drafting & Design I took at tech school.