My grandparents loved each other. I noticed that lots of old people had long happy marriages.How come nowadays it aint' happen anymore?

In WWII my grandpa joined the Marines. He fought in the pacific. Before joining,in 1941,he met a girl in his high school. Once he came back from the war they started dating,they got married. Grandpa became a gp. He was a family man, a good and honest person. yet simple despit being a doctor. They really loved each... show more In WWII my grandpa joined the Marines. He fought in the pacific. Before joining,in 1941,he met a girl in his high school. Once he came back from the war they started dating,they got married. Grandpa became a gp. He was a family man, a good and honest person. yet simple despit being a doctor. They really loved each other,my grandpa wasn't all lovey dovey but you could tell they loved each other. They were married for 54 years when grandma died. Grandma died in 2000 of leukemia. Until the last moment they always were there for each other. After grandma died grandpa was strong but you could tell he missed her. Grandpa died in 2015 at age 91. When I look around I don't see the love they had anymore. I see people cheating,lying to each other,treating each other bad. My parents didn't stay together and most of my friends' parents split aswell. Where is the point when we lost such valors?