Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

If you cook a piece of meat or fish in a pan with a little water, ontop of the stove, how did you cook it? Like broiled, baked, etc.?

Favorite Answer

Poached, braised or steamed. It depends on the amount of water and if the meat was in the water or above the water.

• RICK

Poached

Maybe steamed

In a pan with water on top of the stove would be poached.

I use butter, olive oil or canola oil. The only time I mix meat and water is to make soups or sauces.

• Cammie

Pan fried or with more water steamed.

Steamed. I used to cook fish in tinfoil. Take a piece of fish and wrap it up in two thickness of foil with a slice of onion and tomato or whatever you have. Seal the edges and put it tin the oven for 20 min. The fish steams in its own moisture.

You can cook meat or fish in a frying pan with a little water and a snug-fitting lid. The water vaporizes and the steam heats up the food. It's not the best way to cook meat, it works better with fish.