Do i have any anglo saxon in my heritage?

about me; a man in my forties born in chester england in 1977, my mother is from the isle of man and my father from spain. so based upon that do i have any anglo saxon in my heritage or ancestry?

• Kevin7

Yes it is very possible,

• Cogito

Possibly. There's no easy way to tell.

Where your mother is from isn't really any help. Her parent, grandparents, great-grandparents - etc, going back hundreds of years, could have been 'from' anywhere at all.

Almost every Caucasian born of Caucasian parents in the UK who can trace their ancestry back to the 1800's are Anglo Saxon, due to Charlemagne and William the Conqueror , both of Anglo Saxon ancestry.. DNA would not provide an answer, as heritage is cultural traits what are inherited from one generation to another, which cannot be traces through Genealogical DNA.

• Cousin

Based on that alone, it only indicates that you probably have Spanish and Manx;however, it does not rule anything else out. The Stanley "Kings of Man" were of English origin, for instance. There are certainly people on the Isle of Man, as well as people in Spain, who have some ancestry that is not purely Manx or Spanish. But nothing you have said here indicates that.

Source(s): Wikipedia article "King of Mann".
  • Maxi

No idea, same as anyone else in the world as there are no written records suitable to research and prove back that far

who knows"

• Toruko

As is all you legally have is an opinion. The best legal proof is a paid DNA analysis.

Your skin color and present racial features have NO BEARING on the analysis.

It will determine all consensual and non-consensual mating evidence since the

Stone Age when your sort felt safer while hiding in deep holes or treetops.

If you have an existing tribal birth history you may be informed of their present

location. Even if they aren't totally naked today or painted a blue color.

• Zirp

DNA-analysis does NOT find the ethnicity of your long-deceased ancestors. It finds some of your (distant) cousins if they happen to be in the company's database already

No, probably not.