Michael S asked in TravelFranceParis · 5 months ago

what is the best way to have a positive experience with french People in Paris?

I am interested in meeting French people. I am interested in French Culture and their cuisine. So far most of what I know about France is that my ancestor was beheaded after she tried to make an alliance with France. I also like Souffles, Roquefort cheese, creme brulee, and brie. I also understand that Alesia is in France which was the capitals of the Gauls.

I really love Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, and Josep Broz Tito and quite vocal about it. I like to speak Chinese everywhere I go despite I am American

Favorite Answer

Make an effort to speak French

• Jahal

Definitely agree with what others say about learning some French, especially if you pronounce words properly. In my experience visiting Paris, it goes a long way towards getting respect.

There are tons of free YouTube tutorials.

It also helps not to act stereotypically American. That means loud, pushy, acting like US dollars make you royalty.

• Orla C

Learn a few words of French, and don't assume immediately that just because they are not in-your-face friendly to you as a stranger that they will never be your friend. They need time to get to know you, but once they do, they thaw out a bit.

say monsieur to your waiter not garcon, be polite, the french ppl i met in paris were quite city like and cold, if i return to france, i'd travel out to the countryside, also don't let the crepe stand ppl cheat you as they tried to do with me, my friend spoke perfect french and corrected him swiftly. i knew basic french enough to order and get around in a very minimal way, i believe the french appreciate ppl who love their language. just enjoy yourself and compliment their country, ignore assholes they are everywhere

French persons take pride in their language too. Suggest you learn to spell

Soufflé the e has an accent.and Brie like Roquefort starts with a capital letter

Crème Brûlée, three accents all different.

Are you trying to hint that the Chinese are incapable of speaking French.

Many Chinese language speakers in France there are more French speakers. Many can comprehend most American's poor English.

Pay for your friends like everyone else

• Murzy

Smile and be pleasant.