Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

What do you believe: GOD don't exist or too busy playing with dice?

Ever thought if God is so powerful and creator of all and everything. He must be having hard time keeping record and track of every event.

When we are told the awesomeness of GOD, does not it make us insignificant?

Why would a creator of ocean bother about a single small fish in it or why would creator of mountains bother about moss growing on it?

Like we are not even aware of hundreds of cells in our body are dying and are replaced.

*Meant no disrespect to religion or believes, just small talk. Please keep negative comments & answers to yourself.

Favorite Answer

"What do you believe: GOD don't exist or too busy playing with dice?" Neither, dear one.

"Ever thought if God is so powerful and creator of all and everything. He must be having hard time keeping record and track of every event." No, I never have. Not only is he smarter than we are, with a more prodigious memory, he must also have computers helping him, like we do.

"When we are told the awesomeness of GOD, does not it make us insignificant?" No, it doesn't, because our spirits are literally his children. The greater God is, the more potential we have.

"Why would a creator of ocean bother about a single small fish in it or why would creator of mountains bother about moss growing on it?" Like I said, though, we are not mere creations but the literal children of God, and he loves us more than we can imagine. He once overwhelmed me with his unimaginable love and forgiveness. It he can love me that much, he HAS to love you, too.

"Like we are not even aware of hundreds of cells in our body are dying and are replaced.Well, we are not component cells of God. Our spirits are literally his children.

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can know with certainty God exists.

• Nous

The only way primitive religion exists today is through the child abuse of forcing it into very, very young children but thanks to better education and growing intellects so many teens are able to discover the truth, throw off the indoctrination and step into the real world!

So atheism is not a conscious decision or a belief but a realisation!

The first person to produce a single tiny little piece of verifiable evidence for any god will become world famous and mega rich!

Academia states that in the absence of any sort of evidence of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable evidence is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

The bible is what is called "Faction” A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

Christianity is an invention of the Italians and that is why it came from the Holy ROMAN Catholic church!

Please realize that those claims for the Old historians are worthless since they were not even born until long after everyone in the stories would have been so long dead!

Josephus AD 37 – AD 100

Tacitus AD 56 – AD 120

Suetonius - 69 – 130 AD

Pliny the Younger, 61 AD – 112 AD

Justin Martyr (Saint Justin) AD103–165 AD

Lucian - AD 120 -180 AD but he was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it.

Pamphilius AD 240-309 AD

Eusebius AD 263 – 339 AD

Photius AD 877 – 886 AD

Thallus - But there are no actual record of him except a fragment of writing which mentions the sack of Troy [109 BC] Showing that he was clearly not alive in biblical times.

Some even try to use Seneca. 4 BCE – 65 CE but as a Stoic Philosopher he opposed religion yet made not a single mention of a Jesus or Christianity!

Even funnier is trying to claim Celsus AD ? – 177 AD Who said that Jesus was a Jew who’se mother was a poor Jewish girl whose husband, who was a carpenter, drove her away because of her adultery with a Roman soldier named Panthera. She gave birth to an illegitimate child named Jesus. In Egypt, Jesus became learned in sorcery and upon his return presented himself as a god.

I think that you're making a mistake that is crucial to many of this line of thinking- you assume that God is as flawed as we are here on earth.

God made us in His image, but we have fallen- He is perfect, while we are not. However, He is so merciful and so loving, that He sent His Son to die for our sins' sake (John 3:16). You say that the awesomeness of God makes us insignificant, but it makes each and every one of us totally significant. I actually find that each and every human being, just as the Bible says, is made in His image- it means that He sculpted us to be like Himself, not n terms of His sovereignty, but in terms of His mind, and in terms of His love.

I am not aware of all the cells in my body that die and are replaced, but God is aware of all of them. He is in control of all of them, too. He knew that, for example, you would write this question, and that this would be one of the answers given to it. To know that someone as awesome as God is all in control of our lives does not make us insignificant- His love is what gives us purpose and life.

'The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand[...]'- Isaiah 14:24, ESV

• You make a good point. Why would some being more complex and intelligent than we are bother with human affairs?

This morning I was standing outside, and a frog appeared. I thought to myself, I to a frog am so much more intelligent. I wondered if there is an intelligence out there that is vastly superior to the human one. I think there might be. Maybe there is even a creator that is thence so vastly more intelligent when compared to that an intelligence greater than us. Where does it stop, this intelligence level, where does it begin? I don't know.