Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 11 months ago

I feel extremely alone and sad?

Growing up i experienced multiple childhood traumas that included horrific sexual abuse by my old cousin when I was just 5 years old. I don't know how long it lasted because I blocked it out and only recently remembered. (I'm 20 now). I then went through 4 years of domestic violence and spousal rape from the age of 16-19. I tried to commit suicide during those years. My family knows everything and only my mom and sister are supportive. My dad is so and so, he never tells me I love you. I only get one hug a year from him and that's only on my birthday, and he still makes rude comments like "she probably has them in her room" when my mom was looking for the Tylenol. (That's how I tried to kill myself) I find it so hard to connect with people now. I'm scared to get into a relationship and open up because who would want someone this damaged? I feel extremely alone and my family always calls me antisocial. I hate everything about myself. I don't feel smart because my adhd makes it so hard to focus. I'm sorry if this post is depressing. I just had to get it off my chest.

• LP7
    Favorite Answer

Try seeing a psychologist who can help you.Perhaps your mother could assist in getting a referral from your doctor.Speak to your mother and sister and ask them to help you with a plan of development. Stages to growth and healing.Learning to manage your daily task more productively where you can see progress.Start with a creative hobby of some kind.Something that you enjoy.Try to eat healthier foods, even learn "meditation".It will help you to relax and not be so anxious.There is enough ideas here for you to even try one of them and make it a daily exercise toward self improvement.

It’s important to engage in intensive therapy to put these events into perspective. Remember that whatever trauma we endure can serve as hope to another lost victim based on our experience. Therapy helps put things into perspective, and guide us through life.

People have treated me so mean all my life! They act like they think they're better than me! And they wonder why I'm so anti-social and why I hate everybody's stupid, evil, ugly guts!