What are some good vegan foods to try?

I am a new vegan and I am looking for good vegan foods to try. I recently tried Beyond burger and really enjoyed it. What else should I try?

Spaghetti Peperoncino

Ratatouille

Tofu steak with Nori (soybean for protein and Nori seaweed for VB12)

Oatmeal with fruit, beans with rice, pasta with tomato sauce. Probably a lot of things that you already eat.

• denise

A tasty veggie / marinaded tofu stir fry served in lettuce leaf cups.

• olivia

Fruits, Salad, Indian Vegan foods are very delicious

play with making vegetable stir fry

load it up with things you like

put it on rice or noodles

vegetable salad......................

• Daisy

There are no 'vegan' foods. I can eat anything a vegan eats, plus meat, eggs and dairy.

Learn to substitute protein rich plant based foods instead of meat substitutes, as you’re creating a new eating practice by eliminating your former choices. Quinoa is a great base, different types of beans set the stage for interesting combos, adding your own veg choices to the mix.

• Sarah

You can make SO much.

Dal

Hummus, baba ganoush

Tahini and honey sandwich, or any number of other sandwiches that don't need meat or cheese (avocado, sprouts, spinach, shredded veggies, roasted veggies- all good on sandwiches)

Veggie burgers (a fancy sandwich)

Curry

Veggie stir fry

Soup - borscht, bean soup, roasted tomato, curried carrot, roasted cauliflower, mushroom and rice, etc

Pasta dishes with egg-free pasta

Oatmeal - savory or sweet

Tamales

Veggie tacos

Salads - with lots of nuts for protein and flavor

• ckngbbbls

most dry pasta is egg free unless its called "egg noodles".

No wonder you like it. It has more fat and sodium than the same sized ground beef patty.

The first ingredient is water (if that even counts). Next is peas. And then you have canola oil, coconut oil and cocoa butter. Beyond Burger is just a big glob of fat bound together with peas and rice. I guess if that appeals, go for it.

I am not vegan, but I eat plenty of vegan dishes. Salads, pasta dishes, hummus, grain dishes like tabbouleh, roasted vegetables, vegetable soup with barley, etc. It's not that hard to eat plant food. The thought of a highly processed Beyond Burger is truly BEYOND me. Yuck.

At 4 oz each that come in a two-pack for $6, consumers are paying $12/pound for what is a ball of fat with peas/rice.

• Lv 6

they're better than eating an animals muscle tissue that can lead to heart attack or stroke