onthe45 asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 8 months ago

What are Sony 4K TVs like?

I'm looking around for a new TV at the moment and I've seen a really nice Sony Bravia 55in 4K TV. My first choice I was thinking of was either a Samsung or an LG but would Sony be just as good?

Like Sony4K Tvs

• onthe457 months agoReport

Oh that's soooooo funny!!!

Sony would be the best of all of those.

It really depends on the model of the TVs you are comparing.

I would say I would go for the Sony X900F and up, because they will give you the best picture and have the best features. Their picture processing power is astounding, and it gives a very true to life picture.

LG, they make fantastic OLEDs that give Sony a run for their money. However, their LEDs are so undesirable to me. I hate IPS screens because their black levels are atrocious. The contrast is off, and it makes the picture just look dull.

Samsung makes a great product, but the lack of support behind their decisions in features also puts me off. They went with HDR10+ over Dolby Vision and so bent on that particular format even though it isn’t widely supported, then exited the blu ray player market because they couldn’t dominate it and didn’t even offer a player that supported their own format. They then took away features from their lower models to make higher ones seem better in comparison.

• P

Sony takes a lot of it's expertise from the software for the PlayStation and puts it into their TV's which makes them feel a little bit more refined\functional when using the TV. Personally I would stay away from LG since I don't feel like the quality is the same as Samsung or Sony. Samsung makes some of the best screens, and utilizes their phone\tablet expertise in the software, but it isn't as easy to use as the Sony. Just be mindful that you are comparing Apples to Apples. Both Sony and Samsung have been releasing some ultra cheap budget models not quite on par to what you would expect from a premium brand.

Nothing compares to the LG OLED TVs. They're expensive, however.