Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 7 months ago

What would you do if your 6 year old child keeps hurting the baby?

I'm guessing she is jealous, I don't know ? I'm probably going to take her to the doc to get her checked out. She smiles.while doing it ! I'm afraid she might turn into a sociopath?? Of course we never raised her this way , we do time outs, take things away , talk to her...spankings dont do anything ( she just laughs) we are pretty sure she is on the specrum.and have adhd..she acted out so badly and would try to constantly punch me while I was pregnant but after a couple months, he was born, she calmed down, but now.the past few weeks she tries to hurt him..is this normal for a 6 year old?

Favorite Answer

No, that is not normal.

You need help now before your baby is seriously hurt.

These symptoms have NOTHING to do with ADHD and autism. I would really recommend a book to read Lovebombing by Oliver James. I think maybe the emphasis should be on how much you love her to help cure this. This is more oppositional defiant disorder or conduct disorder than ADHD or autism. But to try and look on the positive side the book Lovebombing shows that children who really act out have been helped by this method called lovebombing where you spend some alone time with them really showing them a ton of love. Hopefully she is not a "sociopath" but just extremely jealous and angry because she fears the baby means more to you than she does.

• Amanda

Thank you so much, she has never been checked for ODD, but it honestly sounds like her and even me.as a child. I am trying to show her more love and attention, and I think it works

So you hit her to teach her that hurting someone isn't acceptable?

And obviously you get help NOW. A child that hurts a baby is not normal, and it's not part of being on the spectrum or ADHD.

Watch the movie "The Bad Seed"

• mokrie

The kid sounds like a psychopath. No empathy or sympathy and violent tendencies. Your baby is in danger. I would get that kid to a psychiatrist FAST. You don't "turn into a sociopath". Your born that way.

• Amanda

I get that but , she can be really sweet alot of the times as well , and she will apologize. I think she may just have impulses we just need to work on?