Classical singers, can you tell how difficult learning singing is in comparison to learning an instrument?

It's a dream of mine to sing in cantatas and lieder but I wonder if I could get to a point of being able to sing well in these circumstances in a short time, like 5 years, practicing 30min a day.

• Tony B

I'm no singer but 30 minutes per day doesn't sound much to me. Most important though is WHAT you practice. You could spend 8 hours a day practicing the wrong things in the wrong way and never improve.

Take the advice of a good teacher.

'in a short time' - highly unlikely

I went to an opera program in Italy and listened to a discussion from a teacher at Houston university (or some university, one of the top ranking in the nation, idk, I wasnt good enough to get in that university so i didnt bother to remember which). He said the bare minimum it takes people to develop the proper technique is 6 years (and that's still after other previous training).

Practice now, get a voice teacher!

I was in choir since middle school and only took voice lessons starting 2014. I just won a competition and get to sing solo repertoire with a symphony.

Am I really good enough to do it professionally yet? No.

More practice! MORE PRACTICE!

Singing is natural for some people.