Do I need a new graphics card or?

So I have my gaming pc. It runs fine but when I play a game like pubg and when an intense moment where a lot happens with shooting goes on it lags a bit and is annoying. I have 8gb ram and an i7 processor so I think that’s fine. My graphics card is a bit older it os the gtx 660 ti. Is the graphics card the problem in this scenario when it lags(i know it’s not the internet).

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Fulano
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd guess the graphics card, but it would be best if you checked it for yourself. It's really easy.

You can use tools like Task Manager (In Windows 10), GPU-Z, or MSI Afterburner to keep track of how much the GPU is working. After you finish a round with those intense moments you can look at the GPU load, if it was maxing out then that's what's causing the FPS drop.

MSI Afterburner can even display the GPU load in game.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Simply look at your task manager at those times to see if the graphics card is indeed %100 maxed out.

• 8 months ago

the game may need a patch to make it operate the gtx correctly. check at the game site. most likely its just that part of the game play trying to add in too many effects, you may need to trim down some of the details. The game should have some sort of configuration to allow you to do that.

• 8 months ago

Old hardware, newer game. Slow response. I am sensing a pattern.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.