Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

at my local school they let you ride alone after 40 hours

• Login to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Depends on what for. You get on a ride.horses been with us for eons.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's very dependent on the person. Some take longer than others. Everyone learns at their own pace, and some people may take longer to be relaxed and comfortable riding by themselves as well. You also never stop learning, so it depends on what you mean by "learn to ride" as well; learn the basics and be able to steer and guide a horse safely on your own, or learn how to ride at a specific level in a certain discipline? Those are also subjective to the person, their learning pace, and their confidence/comfort level.

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We generally get motivated folks out on their own in a couple days. Some folks never get the basics they take longer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I've been riding for over fifty years. I'm an expert. I'm still learning.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

That's like asking how long it takes to learn to play the piano.

Someone who invests a year taking a weekly lesson is going to be able to play chopsticks and other basic stuff, but someone who has spent ten years learning is going to be a whole lot more competent.

Learning horsemanship is more multi-dimensional than learning to play the piano as horses have brains, opinions and personalities. Pianos are inanimate objects.

Anyone can learn how to play a scale or post a trot in the safety of the arena on a lesson horse. That doesn't mean you're a competent pianist or horse rider.

• God
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It depends on what you mean by ride. You can sit on a horse and let him take you around right away.

• 6 months ago

how long is a peace of string

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.