Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

My church said tonight that Jesus died before the universe began. Are they right?

They also give you a judgmental look if you don’t tithe and I am limited on cash and felt kind of guilty but it is a mega church. They believe that if you pray the sinners prayer once that you are saved but for some reason I question that. I’m losing interest in that church but my family doesn’t get it. The preacher also used a lot of motivation quotes such as “you weren’t born to fit in but to stand out.”

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In a sense yes.

God loved Jesus "before the foundation of the world"

Jhn 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: >>>for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world<<<.

God knew the beginning and end of all things before there was ever even a world

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

>>>Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

So the Father knew before there was a world that he would send his Son to be crucified as an atonement for the sins of mankind. Sometimes, in order to understand scripture, we have to view things from Gods eternal perspective - not our temporal ones. This is one of them

Now then your assembly probably referenced this passage

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship the beast, >>>whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world<<<.

Rev 13:9 ¶ If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Recall Gen 3 where after they sinned, Adam and Eve suddenly realized that they were naked. They hadnt yet realized that in the innocence with which God created them. But then they were suddenly guilty after they sinned - and felt it. They knew God could see their nakedness (symbolizes sin) and were ashamed and embarrassed. So they sewed fig leaves together to hide their nudity.

But God in his compassion slew his very first innocent Lamb in Eden for its skin to clothe (cover) Adam and Eve. It was the first time that anything in Gods creation had ever died - and through no fault of its own. Its death served a purpose for others.

Now back to Jesus - John called him "the Lamb of God."

Jhn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jesus was the Lamb of God slain "from the foundation of the world" - back in Eden. He died through no fault of his own. His death benefits US. Just like the death of the Lamb in Eden covered the nakedness (sin) of Adam and Eve, Jesus' death - the Lamb of God - covers OUR sins today.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, >>>and naked<<<

Praise God with me for the beauty and truth of his eternal living Word!

===================

>.They also give you a judgmental look if you don’t tithe<<

Don't let it bother you. Bible says to give what we can and with a clear conscience

Mega churches are not Gods true remnant church

>>They believe that if you pray the sinners prayer once that you are saved <<

Totally unbiblical

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born from above.

This refers to a spiritual rebirth in the spiritual image of God - i.e. from above

>>“you weren’t born to fit in but to stand out.”<,

They got that part right

Jesus speaking

Mat 5:14 ¶ Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, >>>that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven<<<.

If you are not happy there - I wouldnt be - then please choose another assembly. Shop around until you find one that teaches scripture and then settle in there. Most assemblies today are dead or dying. Keep at it. Its worth it.

• 5 months ago

Jesus dying before the universe began: No, they're not right about that.

Praying the sinner's prayer to be saved: No, they're not right about that. Faith without works is dead, and so are we.

• Shaun
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Go read the Bible yourself to find out.

To answer your question, no, they are not right.

Jesus was with God in the beginning, and there was no death until Adam sinned in the garden of Eden by eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge.

• 5 months ago

Jesus was conceived, and born, here on Earth about 2000 years ago

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • k w
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

more foolishness, by traditions of men-which make void, the Word of God/YHVH.

• 5 months ago

They're heretics.

-----------

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yummy that sounds like some delicious snake oil

• Doug
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Revelation 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth adored him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb which was slain from the beginning of the world. 

Figurative language reflecting the fact that when God once decrees something, it invariably comes to pass.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 5 months ago

Jesus death for man was Ordained from the beginning of the earth

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Since Jesus was in Rome, how could he have died before the universe began? Why not try associating with intelligent people?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.