I recently purchased a used ASRock B450m motherboard off eBay and was wondering if the board was damaged due to bent gold stubs?(See pic)?

I just bought a used ASRock B450m motherboard off eBay, the seller claims it’s completely fine and in working condition but I noticed these gold pin stubs are slightly bent on the board. I’m not exactly sure what these are called but it looks like each stub is labeled as Ace 1-4. Will these bent stubs affect the motherboard negatively at all and if not can I just bend them back?

Favorite Answer

Those are capacitors for the Integrated Audio.

Half the time taller capacitors like that aren't straight so it would be for the best if you left them alone.

If they're messed up then you will get no sound. The seller is going to want to you prove that the onbaord audio is dead before you return the board.

• Nicholas7 months agoReport

Thanks for the info... I bent them back upright before seeing this but they went straight back up with very little pressure so I’m hoping I didn’t mess anything up. I’m building my pc Tuesday so I guess we’ll see then if I’m getting sound once it’s all put together.

send it back for a refund

Pic is pointless, with all the reflections from the covering, and too far away to see crap.

Nice table top, though.

i would take it to a cornputer place and have thern look at it