Do I have infertility problems?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past year. I have an app that tracks my monthly cycle and it always tell me when I’m fertile & ovulating. We have intercourse the entire week I’m fertile & ovulating. Of course he ejaculates in me, but we still receive negative tests. As of today, my cycle is 17 days late. Took two tests today and they were both negative. What do you think it could be? I don’t believe I have fertility problems, but there’s always a possibly. Serious answers only. This is a touchy subject

This question proper answer only doctor can give properly. But there are some symptoms that show you have an infertility problem.

1) The main symptom of infertility is the inability to get pregnant.

2) Up to age 35, most doctors recommend trying to get pregnant for at least a year before testing or treatment

3) To get pregnant, your ovaries must produce and release an egg, a process known as ovulation.

4) No periods. You have never had a period, or periods suddenly stop.

5) Sometimes, female infertility is related to a hormone problem.

Gosh, you might want to let a couple other men see if they can make you pregnant. If that doesn't work, then you need to see a doctor, because you man not be fertile..

• dumbbu

All the answers above are directing you to our next step.

• LizB

If you've been actively trying for a year, it's time to make an appointment with a fertility specialist. The "problem" is equally as likely to be with your husband as it could be with you.

• John P

Indeed "it takes two to tango", as the saying goes. Both males and females can be infertile. You both need to go to a doctor for tests.

If you've been trying for a year, it's time to have a talk with your doctor and get tested. Both of you, it's not automatically you are why the two of you can't get pregnant.

Only a medical professional can answer that. Since you have been trying for a year, you could make the choice to seek medical advice to test for possible issues for you and your partner. (after all, it could also be his problem and not your problem.)

Besides the sex you have during your fertility window, how often do you have sex at other times? If your app is wrong - you might just be missing your fertility window. Apps are based on averages and estimates and that MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE FOR YOU. Maybe your fertility window runs on a slightly different pattern than the average woman - but apps are based on the average woman. So - point is - if you really want to be pregnant - forget the app - forget tracking the "fertility window" and the "ovulation day" and have sex at least once every two to three days anytime you are not actually bleeding because of a period. If you do that - you will hit your fertility window no matter what it is.

Or, if you still prefer to actually track for ovulation, then do some research and learn how to read your body signs and symptoms and learn how to track your basal body temperature. (BBT)

Good luck.

• Faith

No one here can tell you this. The average couples takes usually a year or so to get pregnant. It took me a year and half. If you are concerned make an appointment with your OB/GYN. Maybe it is time for fertility testing on your husband.

• LizB

An OBGYN is not qualified to diagnose fertility issues. They both need to see a reproductive endocrinologist.

remember it takes two - Maybe your husband is shooting blanks (or sluggish).

If you have been trying to conceive for a year without success, it's time to start preliminary testing.

wishing you the best