Was Obama a crappy president?

To me he was always a crappy president. He was very weak and ineffective, especially on foreign policy. He polarized our allies and emboldened our enemies. He inherited a relatively stable situation in Iraq and turned it into a nightmare. He drew the red tape with Syria and bluffed. The Iran deal was a terrible idea.

Favorite Answer

Yeah, he was. He likes to walk around saying he had no scandals. Cash for Clunkers, Iran Deal, ISIS, Syria, the war in Libya, without the advice and consent of Congress, Solyndra, IRS targeting, Fast & Furious, Arab Spring, our credit rating was downgraded for the first time in history, he added more to the national debt than all other presidents combined, more people on food stamps than ever, no real economic growth and the weakest "recovery" in American History, legislating from his desk with his phone and pen, many of those executive orders being overturned by SCOTUS, even two of them being overturned 9-0 against Obama. And don't even get me started on Obamacare.

Too late. Obamacare could have been great. Instead, millions of Americans lost their health insurance, myself included. My baby, who was receiving multiple therapies at the time, had prescriptions from doctors requiring two speech therapy sessions a week, two hour-long PT sessions a week, and two hour-long OT sessions a week. Obamacare changed all of that. Despite what her doctors said, the insurance came in and cut her down to one 25-minute session per week in all three arts. Three months later her therapies were canceled altogether. Some pencil-necked geek hundreds of miles away decided that she had had "enough." Didn't matter that her therapies were medically necessary, as stated by all her doctors who wrote letters to the insurance on her behalf.

Yeah, it really truly is great that part of the law says you can't discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. That was always BS all by itself. But it could have been handled with a one-sentence bill: You cannot deny medical insurance to people with pre-existing conditions. Done deal.

Not to mention the apology tour where he not only bowed to our allies, he bowed to our enemies. He also bowed to Pam Iorio, the mayor of Tampa. He humiliated this country, at least the half who cares about it.

And let's not forget about his targeting the press, including wire taps on James Rosen's phones, and his parents' phones, wire taps on members of the AP, the Veterans Affairs scandals, GSA, and my own personal favorite: Russian interference in our elections, something he knew about, spoke about, and did nothing about. Not to mention the fact that he sent operatives to Israel to directly interfere in the election between Bibi Netanyahu and his opponent. Oh, and then there's that little thing about telling the world that the Israelis had slipped a virus into the computer system of Iran's nuclear facilities and shut it down for quite a while, setting them back for quite a while.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head. If I thought about it, I could likely come up with more. Hillary is Hillary, and even though Obama new about it, it was still Hillary.

Obama was the worst president ever.

I agree with you completely...Obama made a mess out of everything he was involved in.

• Jas B

So when he lead a multinational team of China, Russia, Germany, France and the UK in brokering a non nuclear deal with Iran, in your mind this was weak and ineffective.

A deal which every one of the signatories and the independent inspectors claim Iran was keeping to.

• Rebecca

Except they're not, and you're not dumb. He also gave them $1 billion+, in cash. CASH. What, you think b/c they got a "friend me" invite from Obama that they just suddenly quit hating us? What world do you live in that you can be that naive and no one corrects you? Wanna go on vacation? Try Iran.

i dont think he was, i think he was a good president

You have him summarized quite well. My worst memories where his "cash for clunkers" program, giving one trillion dollars to public sector unions, closing down auto manufacturers and dealers.

Absolutely.

Obama COULD have been one of our best Presidents, but he failed miserably.

Never before in history has such a splendid opportunity for greatness been so publicly squandered.

Barack Obama will be remembered for his failures, and as one of the worst leaders in US history.

Due to his unique heritage and popular support at home and abroad at the time AND given control of both Houses of Congress, Obama stepped into the Oval Office in a better position than any other President in history to heal the racial divide in our Country and to solve the Nation's economic problems as well as to provide American leadership for the World.

Sadly, he found himself unable to rise above his personal agenda and the influence of his radical associates, past and present, in order to become a true leader and secure the place in History which could have, and should have, so easily been his.

If Obama had delivered as expected and promised, there is little doubt that he would have rightly gone down as one of our greatest Presidents.......a true National and World Leader.

Instead, he chose to "lead from behind", providing only excuses to a Nation hungry for leadership and only mixed messages to a World in need of direction.

He came into office at a time when practically the only way to go was up, but failed to move the Nation (shall I use his own slogan?) "Forward", and pursued foreign policies which only resulted in chaos around the world.

Historians will not forget the lofty domestic promises and the Cairo and Brandenburg Gate speeches as quickly as liberals have selectively forgotten them.

Obama has left a record of lies, stone walling, cover-ups, and propaganda which will not speak kindly of him in the pages of history.

Obama used American Tax Dollars to subsidize Tyrants and Terrorists while cooperating with Tyrants world wide. Obama did an "Apology Tour" telling Everyone just how Evil Liberty Loving Americans are.

An unimportant note: His speched put me to sleep. He couldn't do one without his teleprompter.

It is a shame you will never be anything but a burden to society.

Everything you mention is biased cherry picking ignorance. You might as well be parroting Sean Hannity.

Your opinions are crap. Does that suffice?