Claire asked in TravelCruise Travel · 5 months ago

Are there any websites/apps specifically designed for friend-making on cruise ships?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

As another responder stated, sign up with cruise critic.com and join the roll call for your sailing. Then look for "fan" Facebook pages of the cruise line. These are sites set up by people who really like a like; they aren't put up by the cruise lines. Very often, you can post which sailing you are on and someone will have started a FB page for that cruise. I"ve set up several such pages. It's a great way to organize tours, "pre-meet" people, all sorts of stuff. I started doing this in 2011, and since then, I've met dozens of cool people. When any of us book a cruise, we let everyone else know, and others will also book it so we get to cruise with friends.

• 5 months ago

Go onto Cruisecritic.com and join your ship's sailing date's roll call

• 5 months ago

Most cruise ships have their own communication networks so that you can communicate with friends and family without using your wifi minutes. But they're not designed to match you up with people. If you're under 18, you can go to the teen club on the first night, meet people, and set up contact on your phone. If you're over 18, just go to the activities and talk to people. You know it is possible to meet people face-to-face, right? You don't have to do it all on your phones.

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You don't need to do anything other than go over to someone, introduce yourself, ask them their name, ask where they from, what they are enjoying about the cruise and answer their questions. Then let the conversation flow along ....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.