martha asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 7 months ago

Can a low income family really afford to go to disneyworld?

• Mrsjvb

Short answer: no. Most people never go. My husband was 32 his first trip( and it was Tokyo, where we were stationed)

It takes years of scrimping and saving for a family of 4 to do Disney the least expensive way. Tickets alone will run over $1000 for a week, no park hopping.

If you are low income, why are you spreading your legs?

Yes, just planned ahead for 6 months to a year that's how I planned my family vacation special for airfare vacation deals.

Uplift.com Finance your Dream Vacation!

You save and you go frugal - stay offsite, don't buy any extras and bring your meals

Only if they save for about 20 years, but since Disney's targeting those who can stay on property and spend about 10 Gs over a week, I'll go with no, because Disney no longer cares about them.

It is expensive in there - you would have to weigh the cost of entrance against the likely disappointment of your children, if there is insufficient for them to go on rides. It may be best to avoid it. If there are all inclusive Theme Parks, in which cost of entrance includes all rides - that may be better. You could say to your kids, depending on their ages, that this a sort of sister park to Disney.

• drip

Depends on how low income they are.

You are living paycheck to paycheck there can be literally no money to save. Any money saved goes to car repair or other emergencies

I have relatives that have never gone on a real vacation. Growing up our vacation was driving ten hours to see my dad’s mother and siblings.

• F

Sure , just use the food bank.

Anybody can , if they are willing to forgo something else. Maybe give up eating for a week.

• Periferalist

More like eating for a decade.