Fall asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 7 months ago

Is it bad that I hate my family?

I absolutely hate my family my mom has a thing against girls and is very snobby. I have to brothers she lets them do whatever they want and spoils them but treats me like ****.. i came home from work and thought that no one was home come to find out that my brother was home for hours the whole time but didn’t let me in.. I just have no love in my heart is this bad?

Is it “bad?”

That’s a complicated question. Bad might be the incorrect connotative word to use.

The fact that you have a strong emotion that you describe as hate shows that on some level you care, because how you feel is important enough to be disturbed over.

If you didn’t care you probably wouldn’t ‘hate’ them. Hate is sort of a strong word, too, in essence one that describes hate or claims they hate is at some level wishing the one(s) hated into non-existence.

There’s a book that could be written covering your question! So, no, it isn’t ‘bad’ that you dislike the situations in your family culture. But it isn’t good for you to struggle with this question without guidance that will benefit you with lifelong wisdom and a happier outlook. I’m sad you are in a situation that has led you to ask the question.

I would want you to make an appointment with a family therapist, wise clergy person, or licensed counselor and talk through your situation and how to overcome it! :)

No. But remember that your parents are the reason you exist ;)

I dont like my family alot but i hope in the afterlife or later in life they see how they are treating me but i will forgive them but also i have to leave as soon as possible

i dont think thats bad and if youre old enough rnaybe you should rnove out

I'm sorry that you are going through this. It is difficult. Maybe you need to talk to them about this. And please, be explicit- don't lie or conceal the truth.

Why don't you have a key to the house you live in?

Change your gender. It's a fashion statement in 2019.

Well, its not good that you hate your family because they are your family. my dad was an alcohalic but i still had to live with him because my mom would beat the **** out of me when i was little. Now that im older me and my parents have a great relationship. I just had to actually try to make it better. My parent didnt want to make it better atleast it seemed that way. But they both love me, i was just to resentfull and bitter to put their flaws aside. Get your family back on track please. its hard but you only have family for a little while. And you do have love in your heart, you just have to find it, i though i was a grinch aswell. good luck!