What are some inexpensive printers that are small, and also cheap on ink or print cartridges?

Best Answer

Better is to get a B&W laser printer--fine text result, most of the time you don't need color, and toner never clogs up like ink does between uses. You get thousands of pages from a cartridge for less than $80 vs a few dozen from ink.

Source(s): I have a Brother MFC-8480DN, an HP P1005 and a Konica Minolta Page Pro 1400W, all are fine B&W laser printers. The HP was a very cheap one, since it has no internal computer hardware. All printing setup is done in your computer. Much the same for the KM. The Brother has 4 functions, which are great.
    • True4 months agoReport

Starrysky, your info listed in the "Source(s)" section below helped me to search for printer options. I chose a Brother HL L2300D. The small size of it along with okay reviews made me pick that one. Thanks for the guidance.

No matter what printer you use, you can always consider refilled ink cartridges(as known as compatible ink). you can google Glorink, they may have cheaper ink, not listed on their web probably, ask them.

• John

Canon TS6020 about $80 uses cartridges as low as $1. Cheaper printers use more expensive cartridges (they have to make money somehere). Read this

https://bestinkandtoner.com/Best-printer-deals

I've had good luck with this Samsung laser printer: http://pididu.com/wordpress/blog/refurbished-samsu...

The thing cost me $50, free shipping, and that included a toner cartridge that lasted for almost 2 years.

I don't expect you would get that exact printer, but look for deals on eBay, and when you see a potentially good laser printer, look up the toner cartridges for it, and see how much those are. For the printer above, I got 2 cartridges for about $30.

• ?

There aren't any. Companies that make printers need to make a profit somehow, and they either do it by producing a cheap printer and gouging you on the inks, or expensive printers that people buy because they're more ink efficient. A company that produces one that does both would quickly go out of business.

• keerok

An Epson dot matrix with CISS.

• stan l

There aren't any, unless you use off brand print cartridges.

it's common to buy a $75.00 printer and have your first of manufacturers replacement cartridges cost as much.

• True4 months agoReport

That was my one experience with a prior purchase. Thank you, Stan