I’m 13 and I still play with toys and wanna stay a kid. Is this okay?

I play with stuffed animals, action figures, fidget spinners, nerf guns, toy cars, legos, ride my bike, etc. I don’t ever feel like giving my toys away because I love to play with them. And I sometimes play toys with my 5 year old brother. I turned 13 in April and I’ve hated it. Everyone tells me I’m not a kid and to grow up. Everyone tells me that same thing.

• Prissy

Come on,you are only 13! You are still a child.

I still was playing with my baby dolls (i actually only started playing with dolls at age 9,because i really disliked dolls when i was younger) and with my stuffed animals and my plastic My little pony horses,when i was your age.

Most of my friends also were still doing the same, as well.

And i still play with my Barbie and Disney princess dolls Now,at age 26. I dress them up and do their hair every day.

This does definitely not stop me from acting mature when it is needed to,though.

I live on my own, i work as a nursery school teacher and i travel a lot even alone

I'm in my late 20's. I have graduated from college at the top of my class, have close friends I've had since I was 12, and am in a caring and loving relationship. I also collect toys and dolls. I have a large teddy bear collection. I plan on building a dollhouse for my Barbie dolls. Heck, I am currently working on putting a wig on a doll that I've repainted!

As a few people have already said, there is nothing wrong with playing with toys and playing games. Be a responsible person. Be trustworthy, dependable, kind, inspiring - these are all things that you can be now and can continue developing as you get older...but your interests and what you find joy in don't have to change.

I hope this helps. You're doing great and you have a bright future ahead of you 😉

You're 13. You're still a kid.

• zipper

You are a kid, so what is your point, enjoy being what you are. "A KID!" You will grow up soon enough any way.

You need to grow out of it

Yes i still collect toys

Keep it too yourself and start keeping it a secret. This is the only way from that age that you would be able to get by.

i do not know skippy wippy lol

• audrey

Start weaning yourself off that stuff. You gotta begin to grow up. Your friends will make fun if you.

Be a kid for as long as you want! Kids these days are always on their phones and tablets. So playing with your toys and esp since you play with your sibling is awesome! Be you!