Erin asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 7 months ago

Someone Had Sex in our Community Pool?

Shouldn t the pool be drained and cleaned?? They say it s professionally cleaned once a week and they have a skimmer and tools to clean it but they never drain or refill it. Is that cleaning method effective enough to rid the pool of "sexual contamination" ?? I was going to use the pool to start being more active and lose weight but I really do not want to swim around in water that could potentially have sex fluids in it.

• Favorite Answer

It's more than effective. People expectorate (spit) in pools every day; kids get snotty noses and they blow it out in the pool. Chlorine helps to kill the bacteria. Same would go for any semen or vaginal fluid (assuming that they didn't use a condom). Plus, it says here that at least a few people have urinated in said pool and probably on a daily basis (again, chlorine helps kill bacteria). Depending on where you live they check the PH level of the water on a daily basis to make sure that the water is safe.

A professional pool service checks the PH level, adds chemicals and will typically skim any leaves or debris.

The average household pool takes 20,000 gallons of water to fill it. An Olympic sized pool will take over 600,000 gallons of water (this isn't cheap and in many parts of the world can be hard to come by).

• Ana

First of all, small amounts of fluid will come out of your genitals even if you haven’t been having sex. People also cut them selves in the pool. But you don’t have to worry about germs, the mix of the cold water and the chlorine kills all of the bacteria and viruses.

Honestly but it sounds to me like you’re just making any excuses not to exercise, because you’re lazy. Which I think is going to kill you much faster than already-dead germs will.

In the lakes and oceans, fish f*ck in it also.

• Erin7 months agoReport

Oh nO ****?

I don't know if those fluids are dangerous or not but EWWWWW. I don't blame you for not wanting to go in the pool.

If people feel the need to be exhibitionists, they should do it somewhere it's not going to leave a mess.

swimming pools are a cesspool,pi$$ and fecal matter and everything under the sun

• Erin7 months agoReport

True!

I had sex in the pool once. It was basically pointless because the water took away the sensation and made it numb.

• Erin7 months agoReport

Lol water isnt a naturally lubricant for sure 😂 I just don't wanna swim in other peoples sex remnants

This is kinda funny but **** happens lol

• Erin7 months agoReport

Slightly lol live life to the fullest. 😂