Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 8 months ago

Which ethnic food have you had that was awful and you'd never eat it again?

• Jane

Really bad McDonalds and KFC (ethnic white American food?)- skinny patty, soggy lettuce, everything beige from KFC with not much flavour. Maybe UK based outlets are just not up to par?

• denise

I had a goat stew while on holiday in Kenya, It was GRIM!

I enjoy all cuisines, but only crave German food a couple of times/yr

Korean food

This is way to spicy. My mouth was on fire,. And I felt it the next morning at the other end of my intestines.😗😗😗

Source(s): Lot of Korean restaurants in california.

I don't like creamy French foods. I do like their fries though...and their wine.

• Sparky

None.

But then again, I am a very fussy eater and only tried things that I suspected I would like to begin with.

I would never try balut or fermented fish or things like that.

• John

Not awful and it's not that I'll never eat it again. My Italian cousin/friend surprisingly said the same thing to me, and he lives in the region. Truffles - yes, the fabulously expensive fungi. Just because they cost a lot doesn't mean they are for everybody. I will eat them again but it's also been there, done that, for me.

Reading through my answers. Conley mentions Casu Marzu, which I've never been near. Sort of related to that (just by way of conversation here) food wise is Huitlacoche. Rotten corn fungus. Ugly........ It just tastes SO GOOD. It's a thing you need to close your eyes to eat, but once you do it is fine stuff.

British............

There's a French sausage called Andouillette. I ordered it the first time because I really like tripe when it's cleaned and cooked properly. But the sausage was made up of strips of intestine that had not lost their origional odor, and I was grossed out.

On a later trip to France, I ordered it again, convinced the my first serving was not properly processed or prepared. It still literally smelled (and thus tasted) like crap. I'm pretty open to foods, and have eaten some scary things, but i can't take Andouillette.

Injeera. It is really bad.